Thursday, March 7, 2013

The search for the perfect nude! MAC blankety + Velvet teddy

Hello lovely followers!
I've been on the hunt for the perfect nude lipstick now for SO long.  My problem is, i have very pigmented lips (from living in dubai for 23 years, the sun will get ya!) and a very warm complexion.

My skin is very yellow, and due to the pigmented lips, a lot of nudes make me look either sick or dead!

So i scoured the internet for hours, looking for the perfect wearable nude.  It took a while, but i found these two!

Unfortunately, they are MAC lipsticks so they retail at £14 each.  But i had £5 of points to spend (at debenhams) and instead they came to £23!

I know Debenhams is also having 10% off all beauty so currently their lipsticks are £12.60!




I decided on getting two different shades of nude.  Blankety and Velvet teddy (both mac, obviously)


First up: Blankety

Described by MAC as a 'soft pink beige',  it is literally my perfect nude lipstick. The finish of the lipstick is amplified so its quite pigmented, and almost a little drying (but that's because i have dry lips normally). It really is one of those 'your lips, but better' shades.  I'm in love!




Next up: Velvet teddy

This lipstick is a matte lipstick, described as a 'deep tone beige'.  This also is very much like my natural lip colour. The tone is deeper, with more of reddish tone as opposed to a pink tone like blankety. I really love this for more of a classier look :)



Here's swatches of the two :)

left: Velvet teddy   right: blankety



What's your perfect nude?



5 comments:

  1. I had creme d nude and it was to pale for me, made me look ill, those two look lovely xx

    ide love if you checked my blog out x 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty colors! Those colors have been on my to-try foreverrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blankety looks gorgeous! Velvet Teddy is my perfect nude because I have pigmented lips and medium skin tone xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blankety looks like perfection! I still haven't found my perfect nude yet. I'll have to try this one out!

    SarahSee. Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear a lot about Blankety, but I had never checked out Velvet Teddy. Great post!

    Following <3

    http://thelifeofyouraveragetwenty-something.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments and your blog url! i love reading new comments and checking out new blogs!