Thursday, March 28, 2013

March favourites:

hello lovely bloggers,
i realised i haven't actually written a 'favourites' post since december, whoops! but that's mainly down to how busy i've been with uni work and such.

So here's my march favourites!



Above is all of my beauty favourites for this month! I know some of them have been featured on my blog before but they really are becoming my holy-grail products!


First up:  Nails

left to right: prickly pear, blueberry, green berry

I have really been loving the Gelly Hi-Shine nail polishes from Barry M! the shades are gorgeous for spring summer, and i can't wait to develop my tan this easter to wear these with.  They have a high shine finish (obvious from the title) almost like a gel manicure. My favourite part about these shades is how quickly they dry. I hate waiting for my nails to dry but these are so quick! i have been wearing a lot of greenberry and blueberry. They retail for £3.99 (unlike the usual Barry M shades that are £2.99) but they are more than worth it! 


Eyeshadow:



The original naked palette will always be one of my favourite palettes of all time. The colours are gorgeous and suit absolutely everyone. I wear this palette a lot, but more so this month. You can see from the photo how battered mine is.  For a day look, i wear sin on the lid, with buck in the crease, and smog in the outer corner.  For a night look, i wear half baked on the inner part of lid, smog on the outer corner, and a mixture of darkhorse and creep in the crease and outer V.
It does retail at £36, which is a lot for a palette, but i've had this since november 2011, and its still going strong! Definitely worth the money, especially with how much i use it.


Lipsticks:

left to right: MAC cremecup, MAC morange, Maybelline Coral Tonic
MAC Cremecup: I've worn this practically everyday this march. Its such a wearable colour and goes with so many different eye shadow looks. Perfect!

MAC Morange: I reviewed this on my blog a few posts back which can be found here. Its a gorgeous orange/red lipstick. Perfect for those who want to try an orange lipstick, but still want to play it safe with the red tone. It goes perfectly with a tan!
example of morange on the lips
Maybelline Coral Tonic: This is a recent purchase but i love it! Its a bright coral pink, in the photo it looks so similar morange, but its definitely more of a pink/orange. Perfect for spring/summer!


Face:
 

Smashbox photo finish foundation primer: This is perfect for me as a primer.  Its oil free so no chance of breakouts, and it helps my foundation slide on smoothly! I've found that it blurs any pores/imperfections i have, and at the same time, my skin looks flawless when photographed! I've noticed how different my skin looks when photographed wearing this.

MAC Fix +: Again, i reviewed this in another post, found here.  I just found that this is perfect for setting my foundation and giving my skin a dewy complexion.  As i have dry skin, it is prone to looking a little cakey with powder on, but a couple spritzes of this and voila! dewy perfection a la Millie Mackintosh.

MAC paintpot in 'Painterly':  This is another recent purchase and i wasn't sure whether to put this in the eye shadow section because i actually use it as an eyeshadow primer.  For me, it is the perfect base for my eyeshadows and helps show their true colour.  I will be doing a full review on this within the next couple of days that includes swatches and closer pictures.


What have been your favourites this month?


4 comments:

  1. My favourite product has been Eos lip balm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the original Naked. Need to try Painterly xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need to try the original Naked pallet, all the colours are just so suitable for any occasion!
    I love your blog, just followed :)

    indigowishes.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! The Naked Palette is a favorite of mine as well as the Mac Fix +!

    Stop by and check out my March Favorites!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments and your blog url! i love reading new comments and checking out new blogs!