Tuesday, November 6, 2012

October favourites!

Hello lovely followers!

So October has finally ended and thank god.  The halloween hype in Cardiff is insane and was driving me crazy.  Usually i love halloween but i didn't get a chance to do anything for it this year so i was such a scrooge about it!

Anyway, grumpiness out of the way, i'm doing my very first monthly favourites :-)

this month i have definitely been a lot more into make up and hair care!


1. Wet n Wild: Mega Glo in the colour 'toasted'
I know this looks a bit battered but i absolutely adore this! Its a perfect highlighter that adds that instant sun-kissed glow or dewy effect to your skin.  I've been using this since winter struck in a desperate attempt to hang on to a little bit of summer! A little bit of this goes a long way. It can be used as a cream eye shadow, blush or even lip gloss! Perfect.


2. Rimmel's Kate Moss matte lipstick in the colour: 107

This is a gorgeous fall lipstick colour. The colour is such a rich deep red. I love the fact that the colour is matte as well, i'm not too keen on shiny lipsticks. I would suggest using a lip balm underneath though as it can be a bit drying!

3. Bobbi Brown under eye corrector in 'light peach'
This product is my absolute saviour. I literally cannot go without it since i bought it! I genetically have VERY dark circles under my eyes, and a lack of sleep does not help my situation. Luckily for me, this corrector removes any trace of them! The peachy tone of the corrector not only hides the circles, but also brightens up underneath the eyes, leaving you looking fresh and awake! My only issue with the product is that its £18 for that tiny little pot, but i have yet to find a decent dupe for it. wah!


4. Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation
I literally love this foundation to death, and i'm so gutted about the £36 price tag! Luckily for me i found a decent dupe, and i even did a post on this which can be found HERE. It just gives such an even and flawless coverage, and has quite a bit of lasting power. Recently i've been mixing it with my rimmel wake me up foundation and its just lovely! 

5. L'oreal Elvive Extraordinary oil for all hair types
This has been an absolute life saver for my frazzled hair! It can be used on both wet and dry hair, and even as a conditioning treatment! I use it the same way i would a serum and add it to wet hair just before i blow-dry/heat style (with heat defence spray of course!) for added protection and shine! my hair literally feels so soft when i use this! 

Hope you enjoyed this! 
What have your favourites been?







13 comments:

  1. I just bought that rimmel lipstick yesterday aha ! Lovely color for autumn :). Also, I really would like to study in Cardiff !
    You have an amazing blog, kisses <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the rimmel lipstick is such a lovely colour! thank you, ive just checked out your blog and its lovely! cardiff is great for uni, if you need any info on it, just message me :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Hi Alexia!

    I am new to the blogging scene so forgive me for my rookie errors :)
    Love your blog!

    I have been looking for a good corrector for a while as I too suffer from the dark circle gene! After many attempts at trying to find the right one - which has lead to much failure. Thanks for the review on the Bobbi Brown corrector, I have been waffling over this for some time now. Does it last throughout the day? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. welcome to the blogger sphere! and thank you :-)
      yeah i find that the bobbi brown corrector does last all day, especially if you powder it after applying it to give a little bit more last power! i hope this helped :-)
      xxx

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I will be 'splurging' on this come pay day! :-) And thank you for following me back too! :)
      xxx

      Delete
  3. I WANTED SHADE 107! But Boots were sold out :(. Your lips look so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hate how its always sold out in boots :( i was looking for it everywhere and the only place i found it was when i went to london for the weekend! i think you can get it off the boots website :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I love that dark lipstick, very pretty :)

    http://heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try Bobbi Brown's concealers - I have heard they are the best! I think I need to try the L'Oreal - my hair is in need of a little TLC :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely recommend both :D they're both holy grail products for me :-) xx

      Delete
  6. I love that kate moss lipstick, been looking everywhere for it but everytime I go in Boots it's sold out :( I use the same colour Bobbi Brown corrector - don't know what I'd do without it! x

    sophee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same here! its my favourite concealer by far! i think the boots website may have the kate moss lipstick :D xx

      Delete

Feel free to leave comments and your blog url! i love reading new comments and checking out new blogs!