Saturday, November 2, 2013

YSL Touche eclat Foundation + Review

I know i've been MIA for almost 3 months now, but unfortunately this year has been so tough on me that my blog had to take a back seat! 

But, i am back now, and with a review on my all time FAVOURITE foundation.

The Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Foundation.


RRP: £29, shade BD 40
Described as "Yves Saint Laurent adopts a leading edge technology that transposes the magic of this legendary highlighter into a foundation to achieve the same illuminating result for the entire face. Yves Saint Laurent introduces LE TEINT TOUCHE CLAT. A bold, unique formula to target shadowy areas and define contours. Infused within a weightless fluid, the light of Touche clat foundation targets shadowy areas and highlights the contours of the face. Free of opaque powders, its perfecting texture evens the complexion and helps conceal imperfections, while enhancing your skin's natural beauty." (Debenhams website).

It really does all these things.  I feel like whenever i wear this foundation, my face just glows and looks incredibly healthy.  

I personally suffer from quite dry skin, so for me, this is perfect. Its moisturising and it doesn't settle in any fine lines in the face. Honestly, since using this foundation, i cannot going back to using any other, which is bad for me because at £29 a pop, it does hurt the bank balance!


Foundation on the far left, as you can see, i like YSL products heehee.

Now down to the nitty gritty:

Coverage:  I feel that this foundation for me personally, gives a light to medium buildable coverage. I have generally clear skin so in terms of coverage, its great for me.  Maybe avoid it if you're looking for something higher coverage, although it is build able. For me, it just looks like my natural skin but much better! i love the natural look it gives.

Skin type: If you have dry skin ladies, this is for you. I have such bad luck with foundations in terms of them making my skin look dry or cakey, but this is just the perfect consistency. However, if you have oily skin, i would avoid this as it may only make you look shiny. It also contains SPF 19 to protect your skin!

Finish: The finish is a radiant and dewy finish. I know some people prefer to be more matte during the winter but i personally love the dewy look all year round. This foundation gives me a healthy glow, even in this harsh Welsh weather.

Colour match: For me, BD 40 'Beige' is THE perfect colour match for my skin.  I would definitely recommend going to a counter and getting colour matched because for £29 a bottle, you don't want to get the wrong colour. My skin is naturally very warm toned, and i find most foundations come up too pink on me, but beige is the perfect warm tone for me.


Pros: Gorgeous, natural finish. Dewy, radiant. Very easy to blend and buildable. 
Cons: At £29 a bottle for 30ml, its pretty expensive to continue buying, and its not great for oily skin.

wearing the touché éclat foundation
Have you tried the YSL touché éclat foundation?


4 comments:

  1. So beautiful!! Are you back with your ex?:) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you have such a flawless skin without makeup? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wouldn't say it was flawless but its relatively clear :) I've never had a problem with spots or acne, i get the odd pimple every now and then. i wear foundation more to even out my skin tone x

      Delete
  3. You should upload videos of your make up routines :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments and your blog url! i love reading new comments and checking out new blogs!