Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hair update: a new twist!

Hello lovely followers,
Anyone who has been following my blog for a bit now are very aware that i cannot just leave my hair colour alone!  I jump from different colours all the time, whenever i get bored and just want an update!

my most recent change was adding a slight ombre to my hair. I'm aware that its 'out' of fashion recently, and I know everyone and their mother has had this hairstyle (including me previously) but i feel like its a really nice way to update your hair without going too drastic.  Its often quite flattering as well.

I used the L'oreal Wild Ombre box kit for light to dark brown hair.

image from superdrug.com



Although the kit says just to start from 2/3's of the way down and brush the bleach through, i ignored that. I recommend adding the bleach to the tips, waiting 10 minutes, then work the bleach a little further up, again, wait 10 minutes and work the bleach just above that. Continue with this technique until you reach where you want your ombre to stop. Working your way up from the bottom to the mid sections gives a really nice graduated effect, with much lighter tips, especially with the brush they provide in the kit! You could use any bleaching kit and a comb for the same effect :)

So, here's my new hair!


And can i just say, the quadruple weft extensions i'm wearing here from Crown and Glory extensions have been dyed brown twice, and then ombre-d, and they're still in amazing condition! I use heat on them all the time.  I definitely recommend checking their extensions out, look how shiny they are!



6 comments:

  1. your hair looks absolutely beautiful!! It looks so healthy!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a great tip, i really miss having ombre hair! yours looks lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is sooo gorgeous! I still need to perfect my curling skills

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair extensions are FIERCE! The ombre dye job is perfection and I love the way you styled them here :)

    -Ezi

    ikintoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. your ombre looks amazing here!

    mybeautysecret4you.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments and your blog url! i love reading new comments and checking out new blogs!