Monday, October 8, 2012

Review: Crown and Glory hair extensions

Recently i've been looking to purchase new extensions, but i always have trouble finding the right type.
Although i have very fine hair, i like to buy very thick hair extensions in order for them to blend more and have a certain look.

I usually look for double wefted extensions as they offer more thickness, until i stumbled across crown and glory extensions when they started following my twitter. They offer QUADRUPLE wefted extensions! this means each piece you clip into your hair has FOUR wefts of hair.

Reality TV star Louise Thompson from made in chelsea is known to wear them!



the website can be found here:

http://www.crownandgloryextensions.com

The set i bought are 18 inches in the colour 18/613 (200 grams), also known as blonde highlights and cost £89.99. The hair comes in a huge range of colours to choose from. Each set comes with 7 pieces.  Here's an image from their website on where each weft goes:



i know they might sound a little pricey, but for the amount of hair you get, and the quality, its definitely worth it! Websites like foxylocks sell the same amount of hair for £118.  You definitely make a saving using their site.

Here is them taken freshly out of the box.  Look how thick they are!





The hair is made out of grade A indian remy hair, which means that the cuticle of the hair is kept completely intact.  If your extensions are not remy, it means the hair has been chemically stripped and usually wont last as long.


My experience:

I absolutely love these extensions, i've been wearing them for a week and their texture is still the same despite the heat products i've used! Ive had foxylocks extensions before and i find that i much prefer these purely for the thickness, shine and quality of hair. I thought they might weigh down on my head a little but i've had no problem with that so far.  Absolutely love them :) I feel like they're more of an investment as they will last a lot longer than my previous sets bought.

If you want to see a tutorial on how these are clipped in, let me know!

Here is a picture of my hair without the extensions:


My hair with the extensions:



I layered mine though to make them blend more with my natural hair length






12 comments:

  1. I've been looking into buying some extensions for ages. Definitely going to have a look at these! Great blog - followed!

    Abbie x

    www.abbiesbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya i'm looking for some hair extensions at the moment. I like the look of crown & glory extensions as i love the thickness however there are not many reviews on them so i am not 100% sure about buying them! Could you please tell me if they have lasted long, and if you have experienced any severe shedding or tangling with these? Trying to find some hair extensions that will last me long and not awful quality after a few months! Would be very appreciated if you helped me, thankyou!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ive had mine since september and the quality is amazing! i bought them in blonde and dyed them brown twice and then ombre-d them and they were still in amazing condition! theyre by far my favourite clip in extensions so far! here's what they looked like after 5 months and dying them: http://beautybyalexiajade.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/hair-update-new-twist.html

      as you can see theyre still so glossy and healthy! they havent lost their thickness either
      hope this helped
      xxx

      Delete
    2. Okay they sound so good! Thankyou very much! xxx

      Delete
  3. I am happy to found your blogs.It is really great.I learn new things from your website.I like your thoughts.Thanks for making such a cool post.hår extensions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too much valuable things are shared here,I really appreciated form above information ,In past I was searching like that,now I caught all the information which I want,So thanks for sharing pretty good post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hair extensions are made with human hair. It is best to always use a heat protection product before applying heat to the extensions. Just like our own hair, the less heat you use the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i always use heat protectant and leave in conditioner in mine, i made another post about my top 5 hair products to use :)

      Delete
  6. I really love your write-ups guys continue the good work. hair extensions blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are these extensions still good?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow very impressive post. I really looking forward this.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments and your blog url! i love reading new comments and checking out new blogs!