Thursday, May 9, 2013

my MAC lipstick collection + swatches on the lips

Hello lovely bloggers,
I'm so sorry i haven't posted in a while, and that i was meant to be posting more regularly, but due to both work and uni, its hard to balance my blog as well.

But, seeing as i just purchased a new MAC lipstick, i decided to post my collection so far! I absolutely love their lipsticks, and probably my favourite products from MAC.

my collection so far :)
 1st up: Cremecup
This is a cremesheen lipstick, and definitely one of my favourites! Its a gorgeous light blue pink that is perfect for everyday wear.  It also goes amazingly with a dark smokey eye.  The formula is very smooth and moisturising, and quite sheer.  You need to swipe it on your lips a few times to build up the colour.
Wearing Cremecup

2nd up:  Blankety
This is a soft pink beige (as described by mac) and the formula is amplified. This means the colour is very strong, and it goes on very opaque.  I absolutely love this colour when i do a smokey eye, or even just as my everyday summer lip colour. I did a review on it before which can be found here


Wearing Blankety


 3rd: Velvet teddy
Again, another nude shade, but this one is a much deeper tone. I find that its quite a sophisticated nude, a deep tone beige. Its almost a brown but i find that if paired with the right make up, its a really classy look! Again, i reviewed this in the same post as blankety found here. The formula of this is matte, so it is a bit drying.


Wearing velvet teddy




 4th: Snob
It seems like i have a lot of pink and nude shades from MAC! But its only because they're the easiest to wear. This one is a very pale almost lilac shade of pink, and one of their really popular lipsticks. Although, i'm not really a big fan of it. Because i have quite a warm complexion, the lilac tone of the lipstick washes me out. The formula, however, is really nice and smooth as its a satin finish. It almost has a slight gloss to it.


Wearing Snob


5th: Ruby Woo
This is my absolute favourite. Its one of the shades i picked up most recently, and it really is the perfect red. Its a 'vivid blue red' as described by mac. Although i originally thought because of my warm complexion that i would have been better suited to Lady Danger, i absolutely LOVE this colour. Its a matte finish (extremely matte, and quite dry, but i personally quite like that) and it doesn't budge at all from my lips. Its such a gorgeous 'retro' red colour. Very vintage pin up. I can't wait to pair it up with a winged eye.


Wearing Ruby Woo


Lastly: Morange
This is a bright orange lipstick, described by MAC as a 'loud mouth orange'. Although before i would have avoided any bright lipsticks like the plague, i've been really getting into my bright colours! I love the shade of this lipstick, and i feel like if you're quite tanned, this will really suit you. The fact that the formula is amplified just makes the colour so vivid! Again, i have done a review on this shade before, found here


Wearing Morange


And that's my collection folks!
Have you tried any of these shades? What's your favourite mac lipstick?















13 comments:

  1. Such a lovely collection. I'm so jealous xx

    www.poptartsandsexx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fave is Creme Cup!
    Nice swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty collection, I really love the Red, Pink and Orange on you they really bring out your eyes just beautiful xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruby Woo looks stunning on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics!! so helpful with the colours aswell- I love Velvet Teddy & Morange xx

    CandyxCosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Ruby Woo, it looks beautiful on you! x

    Lilie
    mintcandylilies

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm so jealous of your collection, I don't even own one mac lipstick.
    new follower :) i'd love it if you followed me back.
    I did a post on my topshop lipstick collection
    Jorden x
    http://fourbluemondays.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. where do you work full time??? Are you over your ex now? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just in a company where i live, don't want to put it on the internet. and yes, we've both moved on from each other and I'm happy x

      Delete
  9. Also you look so skinny! How much do you weigh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! can you post about your work outs??? You said you work full time, What do you do? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i actually did a post on my weight loss and the exercises/diet that i follow :) you can find it here http://beautybyalexiajade.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/how-i-lost-weight-and-toned-up-in-2.html

      Delete

Feel free to leave comments and your blog url! i love reading new comments and checking out new blogs!